Thursday, March 10, 2011

A New York MInute

“A New York minute is an instant. Or as Johnny Carson once said, it's the interval between a Manhattan traffic light turning green and the guy behind you honking his horn” –Urban dictionary’s definition of a New York Minute. From the time that I landed in New York last fall 'til today, life seems to have passed by like a New York minute. When I look back on all that I've done and learned over the last seven months, I'm truly blown away by how fast life moves in this city. It's really unlike any other place on earth. The energy that flows through the atmosphere here is incredible. Just being on the streets here makes you want to do everything faster.

When I first got here, my pastor threw me into the deep end hoping that I would be able to swim, and by God's grace, I have. I'm working as the administrator for the Gallery Church of Manhattan, and I literally had no clue what all that entailed. I had no idea how much work went into the basic day-in and day-out operations of a church especially in NYC (probably the most regulated and taxed place in the world). I've learned how to handle the finances, plan church-wide retreats, and minister to very diverse people.

I feel like I have just now gotten into a good rhythm in my life here in the city. So I look forward to sharing with you what God is doing here in NYC and teaching me while I’m here. I hope that this will be an encouragement to all who read this to follow Christ with total abandon for His glory in whatever context you find yourself.

May the grace and peace of Christ be with you all,

-BMoore

No comments:

Post a Comment